Estimated Reading Time: 1
The President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday, mourned victims of the motor accident on Akaeze-Ukwu River in Ebonyi State that claimed many lives on Friday night.
His condolence message was contained in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, titled “President Buhari sympathises with Ebonyi State following Akaeze-Ukwu River tragedy”.
According to the statement, Buhari expressed his condolences to the government and people of Ebonyi State over the motor accident.
“We are saddened and aggrieved at this colossal loss of human lives,” the statement quoted the President as saying.
Buhari was said to have added that the thoughts and prayers of the government and people of Nigeria are with the families of the victims of this accident.
He commended the Ebonyi State government for spearheading the rescue and recovery efforts as well as the support it has received from the neighbouring state governments in that regard.
- CCTV was dismantled to cover the massacre of young peaceful, #EndSARS protesters by the military
- #EndSARS: NECO reschedules SSCE papers again
- Lekki Toll Gate Killings: Yemi Osinbajo speak on shootings
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The Nigerian state has turned on its people #EndSARS
- IGP orders withdrawal of policemen attached to VIPs across Nigeria
- Protesters set APC secretariat ablaze, attack Chairman’s House
- Olusegun Obasanjo wants Buhari to restrain the military from killing #EndSARS protesters
- Prof Wole Soyinka says Buhari acted in an “authoritarian manner” by deploying soldiers on #EndSARS protesters
- Nigerian civil society situation Room “alarmed by the brutal, despicable killing of #EndSARS protesters”
- Just In: European Union wants justice for #EndSars protesters killed