Estimated Reading Time: 1
The authorities of The Polytechnic, Ibadan, on Saturday, announced the sack of Mr Ajadi Omothosho, a lecturer in the Department of Urban and Regional Planning for alleged misconduct.
The institution made this known in a letter titled, ‘The Polytechnic, Ibadan terminates appointment of Chief Lecturer,’ signed by the Registrar/Secretary to Council, Mrs Fawale M.T, and made available to journalists on Saturday.
It stated that the lecturer’s actions “resulted in embarrassing and tarnishing the image of The Polytechnic, Ibadan”.
The letter of termination, dated September 15, read in part, “You will recall that you were engaged in inappropriate behaviour and a poorly managed relationship with your former student.
“These resulted in embarrassing and tarnishing the image of your employer, The Polythenic, Ibadan.
“You will also recall your responses and appearances before the investigation panel and senior staff disciplinary committee that looked into the above matters.
“After careful consideration of the issues above, the Governing Council found you guilty as your actions and activities amount to misconduct.
“The Governing Council, therefore, approves the immediate terminations of your appointment with effect from Friday, September 11. You are to hand over all properties of the institution in your possession to your Head of Department.”
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’