Estimated Reading Time: 1
Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, of the Peoples Democratic Party has won his polling unit in Oredo Ward 4, Unit 19 in the governorship election.
Obaseki polled 184 votes while Osagie Ize-Iyamu of All Progressives Congress got 62 votes.
In the same ward, Unit 21, PDP got 53 votes while the APC polled 33 votes.
Obaseki’s PDP polled 70 votes ahead of Ize-Iyamu’s APC that garnered 65 votes. In Unit 23, it was PDP 101, APC 32.
In Unit 24 of the same Oredo Ward 4, PDP won with 94 votes, while the APC got 50 votes.
Still in the ward, but in Unit 25, the PDP got 33 votes ahead of the APC that had 22 votes.
Meanwhile, John Odigie Oyegun, former national chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC), voted at this polling unit.
In the result as released by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Obaseki polled 109 votes to defeat Osagie Ize-Iyamu, candidate of the APC, who garnered 40 votes.
Oyegun had refused to endorse Ize-Iyamu in the buildup to the election, asking the people to vote their conscience.
“I stand with the people of Edo State and urge them to to come out massively to exercise their democratic rights. They should vote for good governance, common decency, principled leadership, especially in the political arena and the protection of their democratic rights,” he had said in a statement.
“They should by their votes make clear that it is their right to choose their governor and nobody else’s. There is no room for fence sitters.”
- #EndSARS: Governors directed to establish security and human rights committees – Police Affairs Minister
- #EndSARS protests should continue says Benue State Governor Ortom
- #EndSARS: You have made your point, please call off the protest; Tinubu begs
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS