Estimated Reading Time: 1
Three young men were chased to death, while one other sustained injuries in a road accident, allegedly caused by operatives of the Joint taskforce in Osogbo.
The operatives were chasing them because they suspected the young men of being internet fraudsters
The accident occurred Tuesday evening on the East bypass when the Toyota Corolla with registration number KUJ-553 LY Abuja veered off the road during the chase, and hit electric pole
One of the victims was said to have died instantly while two others out of the remaining three occupants who sustained serious injuries later died while they were being taking to the hospital.
Eyewitnesses told journalists that the joined taskforce operatives ran away immediately the incident occurred and were chased by sympathisers.
The operatives were said to have been shooting sporadically into the air to be able to escape jungle justice.
On Tuesday, some angry youths in the area, blocked every road leading to the Government House and other major streets in Osogbo to protest against the action of the suspected SARS officers.
They have also dumped the corpse of one of the deceased at the Government House gate in Osogbo to register their grievances.
Reacting via his Twitter page, the Osun State Governor, expressed sympathy and promised that the incident will be investigated and everyone found culpable will be brought to justice
- Auschwitz museum director begs Buhari for 13 year old boy jailed for blasphemy
- Tiv/Jukun conflict: Governor Ishaku urges fleeing communities to return home
- Obaseki says it will be immoral to return to APC, after meeting with Buhari
- Fact Check: Did Obasanjo really inherit $3 billion in foreign reserves?
- Lagos, Oyo, Kogi, Osun and Ekiti top list of states technically insolvent – Report
- APC Suspends Governor Kayode Fayemi for anti-party activities
- Insecurity: We should speak the truth about things we haven’t gotten right says Gbajabiamila
- The Nigerian Navy launches first purpose built hydrographic survey vessel
- INVESTIGATION: Ticketing Corruption by Railway Staff, Soldiers, Policemen Derailing Abuja-Kaduna Rail Project #TheTrainHasDerailed
- Landlords should see how they can work out yearly rent to monthly payments – Sanwo-Olu