Estimated Reading Time: 1
A UK court has ordered the Process and Industrial Developments Limited (P&ID) to make interim payment of £1.5m to Nigeria.
The hearing followed the major victory secured by Nigeria last Friday, allowing it to bring a fraud challenge against a $10b arbitration award obtained by P&ID well outside the normal time limits.
The hearing on Thursday was held to decide procedural and costs issues relating to the FRN’s applications to challenge the arbitration award and to determine the short term directions to trial.
The statement reads: “This is another crucial win for Nigeria in our ongoing fight against the vulture-fund-backed P&ID. We are pleased that the English Courts have taken our fraud challenge seriously, and awarded us a substantial interim payment in respect of our successful application for an extension of time to challenge the award.
“To date, P&ID and its financial backer VR Capital have not produced a single document or credible witness to challenge the FRN’s fraud evidence. Instead, they continue to resort to disseminating misleading claims, while taking every step possible to delay or obstruct our investigations across multiple jurisdictions.
“The FRN remains firmly committed to overturning the injustice of the $10 billion award, and will not rest until we secure justice for the people of Nigeria – no matter how long it takes. Investigations into the GSPA are ongoing, and we are confident that more of the truth will be revealed over the coming months.”
- “Discontinue the street protests” – Read Muhammadu Buhari’s speech
- Breaking: Edo state govt reviews 24-hour curfew earlier imposed on the state
- US Govt wants the prosecution of all those involved in killings of #EndSARS protesters
- “We have received information alleging crimes” – ICC on #EndSARS protests in Nigeria
- We give you 24 hours to return the staff of office of the Oba of Lagos OR…… – Lagos ruling house declares
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari to address Nigerians after #LekkiMassacre and #EndSARS
- The Nigerian army says videos of Lekki tollgate shooting are photoshopped and fake
- NSA says Buhari is to provide a solution to nationwide crisis
- It was a system glitch – Instagram apologizes for censoring #EndSARS posts
- Just In: Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison