Estimated Reading Time: 1
Officials of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA), on Wednesday commenced the demolition of shops and houses at Utako village.
The demolition, NewsWireNGR gathered, was carried out to ensure correction of all infractions and abuses of the Abuja Master Plan.
The Director of the Department, Malam Muktar Galadima, who led previous demolition in the city had on August 12, said the FCTA would not condone land racketeering and grabbing.
He said “The FCTA has already made it clear that the actions and activities of land racketeers cannot and will never be condoned
“That is why we are removing all those illegal developments.”
Bulldozers were seen demolishing buildings while people were running, removing what they could salvage from their belongings.
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents