Estimated Reading Time: 1
Following the news of the abrupt dismissal of the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Lagos, Professor Oluwatoyin Ogundipe, has released a statement signed by the Vice-Chancellor himself to debunk the news.
Read the statement below
The attention of the University of Lagos (Unilag) management has been drawn to the ‘Notice to the General Public on the Removal of the Vice-Chancellor, University of Lagos’; dated August 12, 2020 and signed by Oladejo Azeez, Esq, Registrar and Secretary to Council, stating that the current Vice-Chancellor, Professor Oluwatoyin T. Ogundipe, FAS has been removed from office with immediate effect.
This is untrue and a figment of his imagination. Therefore, stakeholders of Unilag and the general public are advised to disregard this mischievous disinformation about the sitting Vice-Chancellor of Unilag, contained in that notice. Professor Ogundipe still remains Unilag’s Vice-Chancellor.
Professor Oluwatoyin T. Ogundipe, FAS
- Anambra lawmakers take compulsory COVID-19 tests
- Help APC tackle online critics – Umahi charges new Caretaker committee
- Selling public assets will boost the economy – Finance Minister
- We reduced the number of out of school children from 10.1 million in 2019 to 6.9 million in 2020 – Education Minister
- COVID-19: African countries are left behind by developed nations in the race for vaccines – WHO
- FAAC shares N619.343Billion between FG, States and LGAs
- COVID-19: Nigerian Governors dissociate from Yahaya Bello’s anti-vaccine statements
- Health workers and senior political leaders to receive Nigeria’s first COVID-19 vaccine doses in February
- Nigerians spend more money because government does not provide basic amenities – Akinwunwi Adesina
- EndSARS: Police apologize for the excesses of officers during protests