Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigeria is expecting an imminent shipment of Heavy military weapons and Aircrafts from the United States, China and Jordan to help combat insecurity.
President Muhammad Buhari told state Governors at a virtual meeting on Tuesday that Nigerian pilots and fighters are to be trained to operate the expected weapons.
President Buhari also said newly acquired naval equipment is being put to effective use in the Gulf of Guinea, even as he charged the military to get to hard-to-reach areas of Lake Chad to flush out insurgents.
He called for patience from Nigerians as the battle against insurgents enters a new phase. He also expressed satisfaction with the level of support Nigeria is getting from its neighbours.
The meeting between the President and state Governors called for a joint strategy to bring conflicts in Nigeria to an end within time limits and the need to build trust between the security agencies and communities.
- Whistleblowing should include issues of Public Safety – Vice President Osinbajo tells FG
- NERC suspends electricity tariff increase for 14 days
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate
- House of representatives has withdrawn the water resources bill – here’s why
- Nigerian Senators reject Buhari’s nominee as PENCOM DG
- Nigeria’s 2020 budget has suffered a loss of over $14 billion – Senate President
- P&ID: UK Court orders release of $200 million deposit to Nigeria
- Nigeria@60: Federal Government declares October 1 Public holiday
- Buhari asks NASS for N147 billion refund for Ondo, four other states
- Convoy attack: Borno NASS members visit Zulum in Maiduguri