Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Department of State Services has invited a former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Dr Obadiah Mailafia, to its Jos office.
The invitation is not unconnected to an interview he granted an Abuja radio station, 95.1FM, on Monday.
In the interview, he said repentant terrorists told him that a serving northern governor was the Boko Haram leader.
Mailafia, who was the presidential candidate of the African Democratic Congress in the 2019 election, said the terrorists moved weapons even during the COVID-19 lockdown.
Mailafia confirmed the development to PUNCH journalists in Jos on Tuesday.
He said, “Yes, it true. The DSS invited me to appear in their Jos office tomorrow (Wednesday) by noon.”
- Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves against all enemy attacks – Alaafin writes open letter to Buhari
- Anambra lawmakers take compulsory COVID-19 tests
- Help APC tackle online critics – Umahi charges new Caretaker committee
- Selling public assets will boost the economy – Finance Minister
- We reduced the number of out of school children from 10.1 million in 2019 to 6.9 million in 2020 – Education Minister
- COVID-19: African countries are left behind by developed nations in the race for vaccines – WHO
- FAAC shares N619.343Billion between FG, States and LGAs
- COVID-19: Nigerian Governors dissociate from Yahaya Bello’s anti-vaccine statements
- Health workers and senior political leaders to receive Nigeria’s first COVID-19 vaccine doses in February
- Nigerians spend more money because government does not provide basic amenities – Akinwunwi Adesina