Estimated Reading Time: 2
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is set to deploy air assets as well as NAF Regiment and Special Forces (SF) personnel to Gombe State to beef up already existing security arrangements in the fight against insurgency and other related crimes in the State and Zone.
This was made known by the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubarkar, while playing host to the Executive Governor of Gombe State, Alhaji Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya, at Headquarters NAF Abuja.
Speaking during the visit, the CAS noted that the NAF, in conjunction with sister Services and other security agencies, would continue to work tirelessly, round the clock, to secure the North East and defend Nigeria’s territorial integrity whilst ensuring the Nation’s sovereignty is not undermined by any group of individuals.
The CAS also said the NAF had flown an unprecedented 26,200 operational hours in the Counter-Insurgency operations in the North East, all to ensure the protection of the people and enable them pursue their legitimate aspirations without fear.
Speaking further, the CAS noted that, since 2015, the NAF had significantly increased its presence in the North East to meet national security imperatives.
“We now have the Headquarters of the Special Operations Command as well as a Reference Hospital and the 201 Composite Group located in Bauchi. We will also soon flag-off the construction of an aircraft hangar in Bauchi to enhance aircraft maintenance activities within the North East Theatre.
“Apart from Bauchi State, we have also established a small unit in Damaturu, Yobe State to allow us have a wider reach for our air operations. In Taraba State, we have a Quick Response Wing that is located in Gembu, an area that has suffered from farmers/herders clashes, which started about 2 years ago. The Unit, which is made up of NAF Regiment and SF personnel, has been adding value to the security situation in that general area. From what I have said, you can see that we are virtually everywhere in the North East. He said
- Presidency says N-Power beneficiaries can now get permanent jobs
- Pogba shoots Manchester United to top of Premier League
- Fact Check: Tweet urging Nigerians to register for NIN or get banned is from a parody account
- After 6 days in captivity, Bauchi House of Assembly member has been released
- All Nigerians have the right to live in Oyo State – Seyi Makinde
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States