Estimated Reading Time: 1
500 Pioneer Amotekun Corps Officers completed training and participated at in the passing out parade today in Akure, Ondo state
Speaking at the passing out ceremony, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu assured the people of the state that criminal elements will no longer trouble the relative peace enjoyed in the state with the take-off of the State Security Network Agency known as Amotekun Corps.
Akeredolu noted that with a workable synergy among the leadership of the security agencies and that of Amotekun, water-tight strategies capable of arresting crimes even before they occur would be deployed.
Akeredolu recalled that when the Amotekun Corps was launched in Ibadan in January this year, many people felt he was putting his second term ambition on the line.
”And I told them, time and again, that my ambition is not worth the insecurities that our people are confronted with, where at some point, people were afraid of traveling out of the State.
“On 4th March, this year, just two months after the launch of Amotekun in Ibadan, the Bill setting up the Corps was signed into law, after diligent and thorough work by the State House of Assembly. The import of this is that Amotekun Corps is now a legal entity not just the idea of an individual. The Governor said.
The Commander of the state Corps, Chief Ade Adeleye said that the personnel was trained in collaboration with experienced hands drawn from the various security agencies in the state.
Adeleye reiterated the corps resolved on zero-tolerance to the crime through robust intelligence sharing with security agencies to reduce the spate of criminality in the state.
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match
- Abia State Government gives 7 Days ultimatum to street traders in Aba
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter