Estimated Reading Time: 1
The High Court Of Justice Sitting In Akwanga has cleared the Former Secretary to the Government Of Nasarawa State, Aliyu Ahmed Tijjani of claims of financial misappropriation by the Nasarawa State House of Assembly.
The former SSG had been accused of misappropriation of funds by the members of the Nasarawa State House of Assembly.
Justice Mustapha Abdul-Muminu Ramat in his ruling on Friday declared all the proceedings of the House that led to the indictment of Mr Tijjani null and void for not giving him a fair hearing.
The Plaintiff had taken the state governor, Governor Abdullahi Sule, the state House of Assembly, the Speaker Balarabe Abdullahi, the state Attorney-General and Commissioner Of Justice Abdul-Kareem Kana to court challenging the action of the House for indicting him without giving him a fair hearing.
The House of Assembly indicted Aliyu Ahmed Tijjani of alleged financial Misappropriation of 1 billion naira when he was the state Commissioner of Education which led to the relief of his appointment as the Secretary to the State Government by Governor Abdullahi Sule on June 8th.
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis
- Buhari in closed door meeting with President of Benin Republic
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State
- Nigeria is more corrupt today than it was in the past – Pat Utomi
- University of Calabar to resume February 5th
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force