Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have staged a protest at the Edo State House of Assembly complex in Benin City, the state capital.
Channels Television reports that the protesters, stormed the Assembly complex on Friday while security operatives keep watch at the facility for the second day.
They pledged their support for the state governor, Godwin Obaseki, and prayed for peace to reign in the state.
The PDP members also supported a factional Speaker of the House, Frank Okiye, saying they recognise him only as the leader of the legislative arm of government in Edo.
They, however, rejected another factional Speaker of the House, Victor Edoror, who was claimed to have been inaugurated by 17 lawmakers on Thursday.
The protesters also condemned the inauguration of 14 lawmakers-elect in Edo at a private residence in the state capital.
They insisted that the inauguration of the lawmakers was done in violation of the law, stressing that the lawmakers had missed their chance to join the House
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match
- Abia State Government gives 7 Days ultimatum to street traders in Aba
- Oyo State gets first female Police Commissioner
- Wedding Photos: Former speaker Dimeji Bankole weds Kebbi Governor’s daughter