Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Governor of Kebbi State, Atiku Bagudu has set up a committee to refund Hajj deposits to intending pilgrims who could not travel to Saudi Arabia for the 2020 exercise.
The Special Adviser to the governor on Media, Mr Yahaya Sarki, said this in a statement in Birnin Kebbi, the state’s capital.
“This followed the cancellation of the 2020 Hajj by the Saudi Arabian Government due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The committee’s terms of reference include to ensure the refund of the money collected from intending pilgrims, who were unable to perform the year Hajj due to the pandemic.
“It will also ensure the refund of money deposited to National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) by the State Pilgrims Welfare Agency,” he said.
According to him, the committee has two weeks within which to complete its assignment and submit report to the state government.
“Alhaji Haruna Abubakar will serve as the Chairman of the committee, Alhaji Kabiru Wasagu as Secretary while Garba Salis, Usman Suru, Lawal Mai-Kwalla, Abubakar Atiku and Zayyanu Shehu will be are members.
“Other members of the committee are Alhaji Aminu Sadiq, representative of the Kebbi State Police Command and Fahad Muktar representing DSS,” he added.
- Fact Check: Tweet urging Nigerians to register for NIN or get banned is from a parody account
- After 6 days in captivity, Bauchi House of Assembly member has been released
- All Nigerians have the right to live in Oyo State – Seyi Makinde
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021