Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Governor of Kebbi State, Atiku Bagudu has set up a committee to refund Hajj deposits to intending pilgrims who could not travel to Saudi Arabia for the 2020 exercise.
The Special Adviser to the governor on Media, Mr Yahaya Sarki, said this in a statement in Birnin Kebbi, the state’s capital.
“This followed the cancellation of the 2020 Hajj by the Saudi Arabian Government due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The committee’s terms of reference include to ensure the refund of the money collected from intending pilgrims, who were unable to perform the year Hajj due to the pandemic.
“It will also ensure the refund of money deposited to National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) by the State Pilgrims Welfare Agency,” he said.
According to him, the committee has two weeks within which to complete its assignment and submit report to the state government.
“Alhaji Haruna Abubakar will serve as the Chairman of the committee, Alhaji Kabiru Wasagu as Secretary while Garba Salis, Usman Suru, Lawal Mai-Kwalla, Abubakar Atiku and Zayyanu Shehu will be are members.
“Other members of the committee are Alhaji Aminu Sadiq, representative of the Kebbi State Police Command and Fahad Muktar representing DSS,” he added.
- Just In: Governor Ben Ayade gives out 54 SUVs to LG chairmen, deputies
- Breaking: Emirates airlines resumes flight Operations in Nigeria
- Here’s why the Lagos state Government is cancelling Independence day Parade
- Oba of Benin has asked the PDP not to control Godwin Obaseki
- Former Governor Ayodele Fayose says PDP must retire Olabode George
- Buhari swears in four new permanent secretaries
- Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill passes first reading
- Whistleblowing should include issues of Public Safety – Vice President Osinbajo tells FG
- NERC suspends electricity tariff increase for 14 days
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate