Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA, has relaxed the restriction on operational days of markets from three days a week to all days in the week from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm effective from Thursday, 30th July 2020.
This is the resolution reached during a virtual meeting chaired by the Minister of the FCT, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello, and members of the FCT COVID-19 Response Team, senior members of the Administration and members of the Coalition of FCT Market Chairmen and Secretaries led by its Chairman Mr Raphael Okorie in Abuja Nigeria’s capital.
The minister said the gesture was part of measures to decongest the markets in the FCT and further check the spread of COVID-19.
Malam Bello tasked Abuja Market Management Limited and various market associations to carry out sensitization activities to enlighten market users on COVID-19 and the necessity of obeying all extant health and safety protocols.
He directed that henceforth access to the markets and operations within the markets will only be permitted with the wearing of facial coverings and adherence to all extant health and safety guidelines inclusive of handwashing and maintenance of physical distancing.
The Minister warned that failure by the Coalition of FCT Market Chairmen and Secretaries to fully implement these guidelines, the Administration will be compelled to withdraw this extension.
The meeting deliberated on the request by the Coalition of FCT Market Chairmen and Secretaries for the operational days of FCT markets to be extended to all days of the week as against the 3 days weekly that is currently in effect.
- Sharia court in Kano sentences 60 year old Man to death by stoning for Rape
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, Dies at 90
- How are bandits getting weapons? Buhari queries Service Chiefs
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Ogundipe responds to sack notice. Says it is a ‘figment of the imagination’
- Borno Governor appoints new Chief Of Staff
- Insecurity: Allow responsible citizens carry weapons, Benue Governor tells FG
- Transportation costs might increase as Lagos government introduces new taxes
- Film Censors Board issues 30-day notice on mandatory content registration
- Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, in a new audio condemns Kano death sentence
- After NewsWireNGR Exclusive, Nigerian Govt assures, ‘Air Peace will recall some sacked pilots’