Estimated Reading Time: 1
The State Security Service (SSS) said it has uncovered plans by some unnamed persons and groups taking advantage of the insecurity in the country to destabilize it.
The unnamed persons and groups are made up of prominent personalities and socio-cultural groups, the secret police said in a statement published by PRNigeria and signed its spokesperson, Peter Afunanya.
Mr Afunanya said plans have been hatched by the said people to use divisive acts and inciteful statement to pit Nigerians against themselves.
He said the service is aware of the plans and the sponsors of those using the “latest developments in parts of the country” to cause violence.
Read the security outfit’s statement:
DSS Warns against Plan to Destabilize Nigeria The Department of State Services (DSS) has uncovered plans by some persons and groups desirous of taking advantage of latest developments in parts of the country to destabilize it.
Some prominent personalities and socio-cultural groups have resorted to divisive acts through inciting statements aimed at pitting individuals, groups and ethnic nationalities against another.
The Service is, without doubt, aware of these plans and their sponsors. Consequently, it warns that it will no longer tolerate the orchestrations by subversive and unscrupulous elements to cause a breakdown of law and order in the country.
In this regard, it is working assiduously with relevant authorities and sister security and law enforcement agencies to ensure that the sinister objective is not achieved.
The Service reiterates its commitment to the internal security of Nigeria and will, within the confines of the law, decisively deal with planners of the mayhem. Law abiding citizens are urged to go about their normal businesses and disregard the antics of agents of destabilization.
They should, however, avail the Service and related agencies with useful information about the activities of criminals and groups intent on instigating violence in the country.
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home
- Lessons Nigerians should learn from the Donald Trump presidency
- This government is reversing the spate of insecurity – Senate President promises
- Ondo State Government insists herdsmen must leave forest reserves within 7 days
- Matthew Hassan Kukah: An Open letter to Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello
- “We need to de-link terrorism and crimes from ethnicity” – Presidency wants Ondo Governor to stop ultimatum given to herdsmen
- Gunmen kidnap Deeper Life varsity deputy VC in Nasarawa
- We support decision to shutdown churches that flout COVID-19 protocols – Oyo CAN