Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Government has declared Thursday 30 and Friday 31 July 2020 as public holidays to mark this year’s Eid-el-Kabir celebration.
Nigeria’s interior minister Rauf Aregbesola made the announcement in a statement by the permanent secretary of the ministry Georgina Ehuriah.
While making the declaration on behalf of the Federal Government, he congratulated Muslim faithful and all Nigerians both at home and abroad on the occasion.
He called on the Muslims to continue to imbibe the spirit of love, peace, kindness and sacrifice, as exemplified by the Holy Prophet Muhammad and to also use the period to pray for peace, unity, prosperity and the stability of the country especially as the world is witnessing global health challenges caused by Covid-19 pandemic.
Aregbosola assured that the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari is fully committed to battling the scourge with the cooperation of all Nigerians.
The minister emphasised that the government would continue to foster peaceful coexistence, national cohesion and stability in its march towards actualizing the full potentials of the country.
He called on all Nigerians to join hands with the administration of President Buhari in its avowed determination to build a peaceful, harmonious and prosperous country, where the rights of every citizen, are protected and guaranteed, as enshrined in the constitution of the country.
The minister advised Nigerians to take responsibility against the spread of the COVID-19 virus and also to stay safe by observing physical and social distancing, personal and respiratory hygiene, as well as other regulations issued by relevant authorities.
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north