Estimated Reading Time: 1
Kano state Executive Council has ordered the cancellation of traditional Sallah festivities of the oncoming Eid-el-Kabir in the state as part of the effort to consolidate on the successes achieved in the fight against COVID-9 and the relaxation of lockdown in many states of the federation.
The council, after deliberations at its weekly meeting held Tuesday however, granted the conduct of Eid congregational prayers across the state under strict observance of safety protocols, which are also to be supervised by government officials.
Briefing newsmen on the outcome of the meeting, the state commissioner for Information, Malam Muhammad Garba, says “all the five Emirs in the state would go to the Eid Prayer Ground in their respective domains in motor vehicles, while there would be no visit to Shettima House, gathering for Hawan Daushe, Hawan Nassarawa and other traditional outings in the Emirates.
Government would assist in the provision of safety materials that included face masks and hand sanitizers as well as ensure strict observance of social distancing at the praying grounds” he stated.
The commissioner also announced the council’s approval to institute measures for the realization of government plan to transform the headquarters of the new Emirates to smaller cities through the construction of road networks with a view to ensuring even development and directed the ministry of Works and Infrastructure with its relevant parastatal to abreast the council on the level of progress in that direction.
- Just In: Labour suspends planned strike
- Laycon wins Big Brother Naija Season 5
- Convoy of Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Zulum, was again attacked on Sunday
- Investigation: The Ex-Boko Haram Fighters, eluding detection, start a new life in Kaduna, Kano, and Abuja
- “We are saddened by this dastardly attack” – APC Governors on Babagana Zulum’s Convoy
- Increased tariff: Lai Mohammed says the previous administration created problem in power sector
- Fact Check: A website offers freebies for people to stay home, then invades users’ privacy
- In Kaduna, govt reportedly jettisons report because Zazzau kingmakers are allegedly ‘buying votes’
- Nigeria Labour Congress Insist on strike action
- House of Representatives has waded into the crisis between FG and NLC