Estimated Reading Time: 1
Acting Chairman of NDDC, Pondei has collapsed in the ongoing house committee public hearing on NDDC,
Prof. Daniel Pondei was responding to allegations of 1.5billion financial misappropriation when he suddenly collapsed and couldn’t respond to questions from the chairman of the probe panel.
Earlier, the Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Niger Delta Development Commission, Mr Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, has recused himself from the ongoing investigation of the commission.
The Interim Management Committee of the NDDC had last week requested that Tunji-Ojo should not preside over the probe as he had also been accused of “crime” against the commission.
Top officials of the NDDC had staged a walkout on the panel on Thursday.
The Acting Managing Director of The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Daniel Pondei, had led a walk out on the House of Representatives Committee on Niger Delta.
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home
- Lessons Nigerians should learn from the Donald Trump presidency
- This government is reversing the spate of insecurity – Senate President promises
- Ondo State Government insists herdsmen must leave forest reserves within 7 days
- Matthew Hassan Kukah: An Open letter to Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello
- “We need to de-link terrorism and crimes from ethnicity” – Presidency wants Ondo Governor to stop ultimatum given to herdsmen
- Gunmen kidnap Deeper Life varsity deputy VC in Nasarawa
- We support decision to shutdown churches that flout COVID-19 protocols – Oyo CAN