Estimated Reading Time: 1
Acting Chairman of NDDC, Pondei has collapsed in the ongoing house committee public hearing on NDDC,
Prof. Daniel Pondei was responding to allegations of 1.5billion financial misappropriation when he suddenly collapsed and couldn’t respond to questions from the chairman of the probe panel.
Earlier, the Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Niger Delta Development Commission, Mr Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, has recused himself from the ongoing investigation of the commission.
The Interim Management Committee of the NDDC had last week requested that Tunji-Ojo should not preside over the probe as he had also been accused of “crime” against the commission.
Top officials of the NDDC had staged a walkout on the panel on Thursday.
The Acting Managing Director of The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Daniel Pondei, had led a walk out on the House of Representatives Committee on Niger Delta.
- Lagos lawmaker says most young Nigerians are high on drugs in reaction to #EndSARS protest
- Cross River primary health care boss decries destruction of health centers
- Nigeria will ensure Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala emerges WTO DG; Federal Government vows
- Lagos Lawmaker says hoodlums hijacked #EndSARS protests because protesters gave them food
- Buhari says Nigeria’s economy too fragile for COVID-19 lockdown
- CBN releases guidelines for N75 billion youth investment fund
- #EndSARS: Did the Nigerian Government kill its citizens and tried to erase all the evidence?
- Former spokesman says Army used blank bullets in Lekki shooting; faults Amnesty International report
- Lagos schools to reopen November 2
- The National Security Adviser says protesters used social media to incite violence