Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former ally of President Muhammadu Buhari, Buba Galadima has said the removal of Ibrahim Magu, suspended acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), is a mere propaganda.
In an interview with The Sun, Galadima said Magu’s replacement is simply a case of “use and dump”.
He alleged that Magu had been doing the bidding of some powerful elements in the incumbent administration but had stepped on some toes which led to his suspension.
“His suspension was long overdue. Magu should have been long suspended from office but why it took Buhari’s administration five years to remove him may be a surprise to many Nigerians, but for me, it is not,” he said.
“Magu remained that long in office because he has been doing the bidding of some powerful elements in Buhari’s administration.
“But obviously he had stepped on some toes, and that’s why they’ve now decided to do away with him.”
He said the ongoing probe is a propaganda, alleging that nothing fruitful will come out of it.
“I believe Magu has offended a powerful cabal in Buhari’s administration, and that’s why they decided to remove him,” he said.
“I am not trying to defend Magu, I have never been his admirer but Nigerians should not be deceived that Magu was sacked because of Buhari’s administration’s commitment to the anti-corruption war. Magu is just being made a scapegoat to create the impression that Buhari is fighting corruption.
“Go and mark my words, nothing will come out of Magu’s case. It’s just like they want to entertain us, it is all part of propaganda to create impression that this administration is fighting corruption.”
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara
- President Buhari decorates new Service Chiefs
- 101 suspected Boko Haram insurgents are suing Federal Government; here’s why
- I prayed Nigeria will not see peace because Buhari denied Rivers State security – Wike
- Breaking: Last minute decision as NAFDAC certifies #AstraZeneca vaccine
- Nigeria begins COVID-19 vaccinations
- Air Commodore Gabkwet appointed Airforce spokesman
- It will cost N35Billion to provide internet services to MDAs in Nigeria – Agency