Estimated Reading Time: 1
Edo State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has denied allegations made by the All Progressives Congress, APC, that the State Government is responsible for the destruction of their governorship candidate, Osagie Ize-Iyamu’s campaign billboards.
In a statement released by the State Publicity Secretary of PDP, Chris Nehikhare, the party described the accusations levelled against it and Governor Godwin Obaseki as frivolous and unsubstantiated.
Nehikhare condemned the act and emphasised that the PDP and Edo State Government have no hands in the destruction or damage to billboards posted by the APC.
He urged the opposition party to look inward as it is common knowledge that the APC is seriously divided, populated by known thugs, and brigands in the many factions that exist within it.
The State Publicity Secretary noted that Edo people have not forgotten how the APC resorted to bombing each other’s residences as they battled for their governorship ticket.
Nehikhare said the people also remember the treachery, blackmail, threats, and counter-threats employed to arrive at their predetermined candidate.
He expressed surprise that a party made up of characters that throw bombs at each other at will, shoot at their party members while they are holding meetings, exported to other states to rig elections, and is lagging behind in an independent opinion poll it conducted itself would contemplate that the PDP or its government would pay attention to posters or billboards without messages and want them destroyed or damaged.
Nehikhare stressed that the PDP and Edo State Government cannot be blackmailed or distracted by the baseless allegations and noted that Edo people are too politically sophisticated to fall for a sham.
He added that the PDP will concentrate on its agenda of resetting Edo for a better and brighter tomorrow and not lose sleep over the rantings of the APC’s allegations.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’