Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Army has approved new postings and appointments of 37 generals and five colonels to different formations and units across the country.
The Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Sagir Musa, disclosed this in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja.
According to Musa, the postings which were approved by the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, are a routine exercise intended to reinvigorate the system for greater professional effectiveness and efficiency.
Below is a list of some of the major redeployments.
Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor from Defence Headquarters Department of Training and Operations to Training and Doctrine Command, Minna as Commander.
Maj.-Gen. FO Agugo redeployed from 6 Division NA Port Harcourt to Headquarters NA Signal Corps Apapa Lagos as Corps Commander Signals.
Maj.-Gen. M Mohammed moved from Signal Corps Apapa Lagos to Office of the COAS as Special Adviser NA University Biu.
Maj.-Gen. AM Dikko moved from Administrative Staff College of Nigerian Badagry to NA Training Centre Kontagora as Commander.
Maj.-Gen. US Yakubu moves from Corps of Artillery Kontagora to Army Headquarters Abuja (AHQ) as Chief of Administration (Army).
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student