Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Army has approved new postings and appointments of 37 generals and five colonels to different formations and units across the country.
The Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Sagir Musa, disclosed this in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja.
According to Musa, the postings which were approved by the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, are a routine exercise intended to reinvigorate the system for greater professional effectiveness and efficiency.
Below is a list of some of the major redeployments.
Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor from Defence Headquarters Department of Training and Operations to Training and Doctrine Command, Minna as Commander.
Maj.-Gen. FO Agugo redeployed from 6 Division NA Port Harcourt to Headquarters NA Signal Corps Apapa Lagos as Corps Commander Signals.
Maj.-Gen. M Mohammed moved from Signal Corps Apapa Lagos to Office of the COAS as Special Adviser NA University Biu.
Maj.-Gen. AM Dikko moved from Administrative Staff College of Nigerian Badagry to NA Training Centre Kontagora as Commander.
Maj.-Gen. US Yakubu moves from Corps of Artillery Kontagora to Army Headquarters Abuja (AHQ) as Chief of Administration (Army).
- Joe Biden picks former rival Kamala Harris as running mate
- Mahatma Gandhi’s glasses go on sale August 21 for over $19,000
- Lagos courts deliver judgments on 122 sexual offences in 2020 – DPP
- 500 pioneer amotekun officers completed training with colourful passing out parade
- Covid-19: United States donates over 200 modern ventilators to Nigerian government
- Labour unions threaten to disrupt MTN operations over alleged anti-labour practices
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others