Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Army has approved new postings and appointments of 37 generals and five colonels to different formations and units across the country.
The Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Sagir Musa, disclosed this in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja.
According to Musa, the postings which were approved by the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, are a routine exercise intended to reinvigorate the system for greater professional effectiveness and efficiency.
Below is a list of some of the major redeployments.
Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor from Defence Headquarters Department of Training and Operations to Training and Doctrine Command, Minna as Commander.
Maj.-Gen. FO Agugo redeployed from 6 Division NA Port Harcourt to Headquarters NA Signal Corps Apapa Lagos as Corps Commander Signals.
Maj.-Gen. M Mohammed moved from Signal Corps Apapa Lagos to Office of the COAS as Special Adviser NA University Biu.
Maj.-Gen. AM Dikko moved from Administrative Staff College of Nigerian Badagry to NA Training Centre Kontagora as Commander.
Maj.-Gen. US Yakubu moves from Corps of Artillery Kontagora to Army Headquarters Abuja (AHQ) as Chief of Administration (Army).
- Osun State Government approves N30,000 minimum wage for workers
- 7, 194 police personnel deployed to Akwa Ibom as local government elections hold today
- New CBN report says consumers’ confidence in the economy dropped in Q3
- #EndSARS: Police inaugurate Panel to Assess Damages
- We demand the South East be given the opportunity to produce the president of Nigeria in 2023 – MASSOB
- #EndSARS: Ondo state Governor laments the absence of police officers
- IGP begs officers to return to duty posts after #EndSARS Protest
- Lagos State Government has announced a further relaxation of the curfew imposed
- Members of the Lagos judiciary panel visited a morgue at the military hospital Ikoyi- #EndSARS
- Breaking: Dead bodies discovered in Laminga Dam Jos – #EndSARS protest