Estimated Reading Time: 1
NewsWireNGR Journalist, Elfredah Kevin-Alerechi has been selected for the 2020 Dubawa Fact-Checking Fellowship to tackle misinformation and hold political elites accountable for their words, action. And also, expand the reach of verified information to the grassroots communities
According to the statement by the Dubawa Programme Assistant, Temilade Onilede, Elfredah was selected out of the 104 applicants, which follows a call for application on June 2, 2020, and attending a virtual interview.
While the first batch of the 2020 fellows started a 4-day virtual training on June 8, the second batch virtual training has been slated for July 14-17. The Fellowship Program begins in July and ends in December 2020.
The Dubawa Fact-Checking Fellowship is supported by the Heinrich Boll Stiftung Foundation (HBS) and the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
You recall that NewsWire staff writer, Nelly Kalu was also accepted as one of the Dubawa 2020 Fellows.
About Elfredah Kevin-Alerechi
Elfredah Kevin-Alerechi is a media trainer, a freelance Investigative Journalist. She also corresponds for Today95.1fm, Port Harcourt, Fact-Check for People’s Check, and a columnist of Africa Climate Reports. She is a 2020 Accountaprenuer of Accountability Lab Nigeria, a project supported by Mac-Arthur Foundation, and a 2019 Fellow of the Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism. Elfredah, also creates virtual content for Connected Development/IFollowTheMoney, and recently did a stringing job for the BBC Africa.
- Just In: Governor Ben Ayade gives out 54 SUVs to LG chairmen, deputies
- Breaking: Emirates airlines resumes flight Operations in Nigeria
- Here’s why the Lagos state Government is cancelling Independence day Parade
- Oba of Benin has asked the PDP not to control Godwin Obaseki
- Former Governor Ayodele Fayose says PDP must retire Olabode George
- Buhari swears in four new permanent secretaries
- Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill passes first reading
- Whistleblowing should include issues of Public Safety – Vice President Osinbajo tells FG
- NERC suspends electricity tariff increase for 14 days
- Trump, Biden exchange words in chaotic first presidential debate