Estimated Reading Time: 1
A Lagos State House of Assembly member, representing Kosofe II, Tunde Braimoh, has died.
Braimoh was until his death the Chairman, House Committee on Information, Security and Strategy in the Lagos Assembly.
The lawmaker is suspected to have died of COVID-19 complications at the isolation center in Yaba.
Hakeem Sokunle, the House Health Committee Chairman hinted that the late Braimoh died of COVID-19 also and might have contracted it from late Senator Bayo Osinowo, with whom he was a close friend.
“It is assumed he may have likely contracted the virus from late Pepperito, with whom, you are much aware, he was a close confidant. It is confirmed he died of COVID-19.” he said.
Braimoh, until his sudden death was the House Committee Chairman on Information, Security and Strategy, and had contributed to state development policy.
According to one of his colleagues, Mr. Victor Akande (Ojo Constituency 1), who spoke with journalists on phone, late Braimoh was a very cautious individual whose death made him sleepless.
Akande said: “It is true; I could not sleep since 1a.m., when I learned about his demise. He is one of those who never toyed with his health matters.
“He would be sorely missed. He was such a fine breed, whose impact will ever remain a point of reference.”
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis
- Buhari in closed door meeting with President of Benin Republic
- Just in: 3 dead as petrol tanker explodes in Ogun State
- Nigeria is more corrupt today than it was in the past – Pat Utomi
- University of Calabar to resume February 5th
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force