Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Sokoto State Executive Council has approved to spend over N10 billion on the construction of two intra-city flyovers and 3 roads dualization within the State capital.
The resolutions came after the State executive council meeting presided over by Governor Aminu Tambuwal at government House Chamber in Sokoto.
The Commissioner for Information, Mr Isa Bajini Galadanci, and his counterpart of the Ministry of Finance, Abdussamad Dasuki along with those of Basic Education, Works and Water Resources respectively: Bello Abubakar Guiwa, Salihu Maidaji and Umar Bature, briefed Journalists on the outcome.
According to Dasuki, Governor Tambuwal has directed that all paperwork on the awards of the contracts should be completed within five days to enable the contractors commence work on time.
The Governor’s directive, Dasuki said, also covers the trio of contracts on mega Hospitals planned for Sokoto State University Teaching Hospital and two others which over N10 billion awards the Council approved last week.
He said the directive also include modalities for the payment of compensation in all affected sites where the projects would be located.
A breakdown of the expenditures on the five approved projects indicate that while the flyovers will gulp about N6.8 billion, thus carrying the lion share, the roads dualisation make up the rest of the total sum.
The roads earmarked for dualisation are those of Waziri Abbas, Maituta and the Illela Terminus roads which will gulp N709 million, N277 million and N2.856 billion respectively.
The sum of N3.4 billion apiece are set aside for the construction of the flyovers to be located at Dandima and Rijiyar Doruwa intersections of the state capital.
The Council also received and adopted the recommendations of a committee set up by the state government on the inter-ministerial integration of water supply in the state.
- After 15 years, Shoprite considers ending its Nigeria operations
- In Ogun state, parents reject N25,000 COVID-19 test levy for returning students
- $125 million fraud: NNPC to take Mexican oil firm to court
- Taraba is the only state where nobody has died from COVID-19 according to NCDC data
- Breaking: Air Peace allegedly sacks most of its pilots over pay dispute
- Abia Governor sacks commissioner for transport, suspends others
- Lagos boat mishaps: Sack LASWA management, PDP asks Sanwo-Olu
- “Nigeria’s sovereignty may have been traded for foreign loans” – Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar raises alarm
- Osun Government says hotels, bars, and clubs violating COVID-19 protocol to pay N250, 000 fine
- COVID-19: Lagos state government to shut down Eti-Osa and Agidingbi isolation centres