Estimated Reading Time: 2
Members of the Ondo State House of Assembly have commenced the process of removing the deputy governor, Mr Agboola Ajayi, Tuesday, 7th July 2020.
The members of the Assembly are currently deliberating in the Assembly on the allegation of gross misconduct against Ajayi.
On the premises of the Assembly, scores of armed policemen and the men of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps are present to maintain the law and order.
NewsWireNGR had reported that, barely a week after testing positive for COVID-19, the governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, said he has tested negative.
He disclosed this during a weekly press briefing on Monday.
“Today I delivered my weekly #COVID?19 briefing in person after receiving news this morning that I tested Negative for Covid. I am grateful for all your support and prayers. We will win the Covid 19 fight in Ondo State.
As a mark of respect for the departed and as part of the mourning period, we have not appointed a new commissioner for Health. I have only approved that my Special Adviser on Health supervises the Ministry until we take further decision.”
“Presently, the Infectious Disease Hospital here in Akure has been stretched to the limits, so also are our medical equipment and personnel. The obvious implication of this for us, is that prevention is the best way to reduce pressure on cure.
“A total of 20 people have lost their lives to the Virus while over 472 have tested positive to the infection. While the number of confirmed cases have escalated, the number of discharged cases as of today is 113.
“We have commenced Covid19 testing at the Federal Medical Centre, Owo while the Akure Testing Centre will also commence in due course. Our third center in Ondo is currently being designed.
Speaking on the ongoing political tussle in the state, the Governor said “I do not believe the life of anyone in the state is worth a dirty struggle for office. It must be noted that elections and the results obtained thereof are only meaningful to an existing, safe and healthy society where peace and prosperity reign.”
On the 5th of June, the deputy governor, Agboola Ajayi had advised him to hand over the governance of the state to him in acting capacity since he was incapacitated.
- After 15 years, Shoprite considers ending it’s Nigeria operations
- In Ogun state, parents reject N25,000 COVID-19 test levy for returning students
- $125 million fraud: NNPC to take Mexican oil firm to court
- Taraba is the only state where nobody has died from COVID-19 according to NCDC data
- Breaking: Air Peace allegedly sacks most of its pilots over pay dispute
- Abia Governor sacks commissioner for transport, suspends others
- Lagos boat mishaps: Sack LASWA management, PDP asks Sanwo-Olu
- “Nigeria’s sovereignty may have been traded for foreign loans” – Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar raises alarm
- Osun Government says hotels, bars, and clubs violating COVID-19 protocol to pay N250, 000 fine
- COVID-19: Lagos state government to shut down Eti-Osa and Agidingbi isolation centres