Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Senate on Tuesday asked the Federal Government to rename the Ibadan Airport after the late former governor of Oyo State, Senator Abiola Ajimobi.
This was sequel to the adoption of a motion by Senator Abdulfatahi Buhari and seconded by Senator Ibikunle Amosun.
Senator Buhari had eulogised the late Ajimobi, who was a member of the 5th Senate from 2003 to 2007.
The red chamber thereafter observed a minute silence in honour of AjimobiIt also advised the Federal Government to rename the Ibadan Airport after him.
- Joe Biden picks former rival Kamala Harris as running mate
- Mahatma Gandhi’s glasses go on sale August 21 for over $19,000
- Lagos courts deliver judgments on 122 sexual offences in 2020 – DPP
- 500 pioneer amotekun officers completed training with colourful passing out parade
- Covid-19: United States donates over 200 modern ventilators to Nigerian government
- Labour unions threaten to disrupt MTN operations over alleged anti-labour practices
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others