Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Vice Chancellor of the Imo State University (IMSU), Prof. Adaobi Obasi has been queried by Governor Hope Uzodimma.
The query was issued through the state commissioner for education, Prof. Bernard Ikegwuoha on Wednesday following the discovery by the state government that the University management under Obasi had allegedly received the February 2020 subvention without putting same to use.
This, it was discovered, led to the staff of the University not getting paid for the month of February, 2020.
The Nation on Wednesday, quotes a source saying; “Do you know that our VC received subvention for the month of February and up till now we did not receive any payments as salaries. It was when we got wind of the query that some of us were shocked about what has been happening in the university. I think the VC has to explain why our February salary was not paid even up till today”.
When contacted, the commissioner for education, Prof. Ikegwuoha said he would neither confirm nor deny such development because it was not time to speak to the press.
The vice chancellor of the university could not respond to calls sent to her phone line for reaction as of the time of filing this report, but the spokesman of the university, Ralph Njoku Obi, said as of the time he left his office about 5.30 pm Wednesday, no such document had arrived the university.
- Governor Dapo Abiodun’s aide arrested in the US for alleged identity theft and unemployment scam
- Breaking: EFCC arrests the immediate past governor of Kwara State, Abdulfatah Ahmed
- Breaking: Actor, Baba Ijesha has been granted bail
- FG says it has uncovered 476 online publication sites dedicated to daily churning out of fake news to fight the government
- PDP Governors want Buhari to implement restructuring, state policing
- BREAKING: Inflation rate declines for the first time in 20 months
- In Kaduna, Banks, Schools, Airport, Hospitals, others shut as NLC vows not to back down on Industrial action
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo talks 2023 presidential race
- A UNIJOS Professor and her husband have been kidnapped in Plateau
- ‘We have started the process to impeach Senate President Ahmed Lawan’- Lawmaker