Estimated Reading Time: 1
People Living with Disability have been encouraged to participate fully in the ongoing N-power registration exercise as priority will be accorded to them.
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development Hajiya Sadiya Umar- Farouq gave the advice at the distribution of palliatives to over 500 People Living with Disability in Kwali Area Council of the FCT.
Represented by her Special Assistant on Persons with Special Needs, Mr. Danjuma Attah, the Minister stated that the distribution of the palliatives is a continuation of the Federal Government effort of Covid19 outreach to vulnerable groups.
According to him “The Directive given by the President that palliative should be given to the vulnerable Nigerians especially people with disabilities.
The Minster of Humanitarian Affairs has continued with the mandate of given, which is why we are here today. The N-Power program is on they should avail themselves as there is provision for people with disabilities. President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the inclusion and special consideration for the People Living with Disabilities in the National Social Investment Programme.’’ He said
He assured them of government’s commitment to enhance their living condition and also appealed to adhere strictly to the coronavirus guideline considering their vulnerable conditions and well-being.
- PDP says the prophecy that the APC and its leaders will be stoned for failure has come to pass
- Breaking: Gunmen Kill First Class Traditional Ruler
- #EndSARS: Feminist Coalition website suffers suspected cyberattack
- APC chairman formally receives Senator found guilty of assault, into the party
- ‘Northern Nigeria is the worst place to live in this country’ – Sultan Of Sokoto laments
- Twitter Lawsuit: “We got notice for the hearing late” Adamu Garba explains absence from court
- Mahmood Yakubu asks National Assembly to pass amended electoral act before Q1 2021
- Nigeria is the third most terrorized country in the world according to Global Terrorism Index
- Argentine football legend, Diego Maradona to be buried in Buenos Aires
- Lai Mohammed says despite recession, Nigeria’s economy is improving