Estimated Reading Time: 1
People Living with Disability have been encouraged to participate fully in the ongoing N-power registration exercise as priority will be accorded to them.
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development Hajiya Sadiya Umar- Farouq gave the advice at the distribution of palliatives to over 500 People Living with Disability in Kwali Area Council of the FCT.
Represented by her Special Assistant on Persons with Special Needs, Mr. Danjuma Attah, the Minister stated that the distribution of the palliatives is a continuation of the Federal Government effort of Covid19 outreach to vulnerable groups.
According to him “The Directive given by the President that palliative should be given to the vulnerable Nigerians especially people with disabilities.
The Minster of Humanitarian Affairs has continued with the mandate of given, which is why we are here today. The N-Power program is on they should avail themselves as there is provision for people with disabilities. President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the inclusion and special consideration for the People Living with Disabilities in the National Social Investment Programme.’’ He said
He assured them of government’s commitment to enhance their living condition and also appealed to adhere strictly to the coronavirus guideline considering their vulnerable conditions and well-being.
- Breaking: EFCC arrests the immediate past governor of Kwara State, Abdulfatah Ahmed
- Breaking: Actor, Baba Ijesha has been granted bail
- FG says it has uncovered 476 online publication sites dedicated to daily churning out of fake news to fight the government
- PDP Governors want Buhari to implement restructuring, state policing
- BREAKING: Inflation rate declines for the first time in 20 months
- In Kaduna, Banks, Schools, Airport, Hospitals, others shut as NLC vows not to back down on Industrial action
- Breaking: Nigeria’s Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo talks 2023 presidential race
- A UNIJOS Professor and her husband have been kidnapped in Plateau
- ‘We have started the process to impeach Senate President Ahmed Lawan’- Lawmaker
- Kaduna Strike: ‘El-Rufai never believes he is wrong but we will compel him’ – NLC