Estimated Reading Time: 1
Fans of juju music icon, Ebenezer Obey, were gripped with apprehension on Saturday, July 4, 2020, as news spread on the Internet that he had passed away.
However, worries were laid to rest as Ebenezer Obey appeared in a video made by his son, Folarin, to assure everyone that he was still very much around.
He said, “I give thanks to God Almighty. I am hale and hearty. There is nothing wrong with me. God has taken the glory.”
In an interview, Obey’s son, Tolu, who is also a singer, noted that his father still travelled from Abeokuta shortly before the rumour started spreading. He said, “Nothing is wrong with my father. He is hale and hearty.
He left Abeokuta for Lagos on Friday (July 3, 2020). Rumours about his death are wicked and unfounded. My father is enjoying himself in Christ.
Those spreading the said news are probably looking for ways to attract people to their websites. We have nothing against them than to pray for them. But as for my father, he is doing well. He is not even sick.”
Nicknamed ‘Chief Commander’, Obey has had a career spanning five decades. His songs which laced with life lessons and anecdotes are enjoyed by different generations of people, especially Yoruba.
His rich repertoire includes songs such as Inter-Reformers A Tunde, Eko Ile, Around the World, Iwa Ika Ko Pe, Joy of Salvation, What God Has Joined Together, Aimasiko, Ase Oluwa, Good News, I Am a Winner, Count Your Blessing and Igba Owuro Lawa.
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students
- Just In: Unknown number of travelers abducted in Osun State
- Breaking: Governor Akeredolu orders herdsmen to vacate Ondo forest reserves
- Commissioners and special advisers in Osun have been ordered to take COVID-19 tests
- Police arrest sergeant for alleged armed robbery in Rivers State