Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji and Film director, Akin Omotoso, have been selected as members of the 2020 class of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
In a statement released on Tuesday, The Academy has invited a total number of 819 artistes and executives who have distinguished themselves by their contributions to theatrical motion pictures.
Other notable artists include Cynthia Erivo, Zendaya, Eva Longoria, John David Washington, Ladj Ly, Bernie Taupin, Matthew A. Cherry, Florence Pugh and Awkwafina
The academy also stated that if the 819 members accept the invites, agent members of the 2020 class will be allowed voting privileges at the upcoming Oscars.
“The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is extending invitations to join the organization to 819 artistes and executives who have distinguished themselves by their contributions to theatrical motion pictures.
“There are 75 Oscar® nominees, including 15 winners, and five recipients of Scientific and Technical Awards. Those who accept the invitations will be the only additions to the Academy’s membership in 2020.”
The 93rd edition of the Academy Awards, known as Oscar award, is scheduled to hold on April 25, 2021, and nominations will be announced on March 15, 2021.
- Sharia court in Kano sentences 60 year old Man to death by stoning for Rape
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, Dies at 90
- How are bandits getting weapons? Buhari queries Service Chiefs
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Ogundipe responds to sack notice. Says it is a ‘figment of the imagination’
- Borno Governor appoints new Chief Of Staff
- Insecurity: Allow responsible citizens carry weapons, Benue Governor tells FG
- Transportation costs might increase as Lagos government introduces new taxes
- Film Censors Board issues 30-day notice on mandatory content registration
- Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, in a new audio condemns Kano death sentence
- After NewsWireNGR Exclusive, Nigerian Govt assures, ‘Air Peace will recall some sacked pilots’