Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji and Film director, Akin Omotoso, have been selected as members of the 2020 class of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
In a statement released on Tuesday, The Academy has invited a total number of 819 artistes and executives who have distinguished themselves by their contributions to theatrical motion pictures.
Other notable artists include Cynthia Erivo, Zendaya, Eva Longoria, John David Washington, Ladj Ly, Bernie Taupin, Matthew A. Cherry, Florence Pugh and Awkwafina
The academy also stated that if the 819 members accept the invites, agent members of the 2020 class will be allowed voting privileges at the upcoming Oscars.
“The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is extending invitations to join the organization to 819 artistes and executives who have distinguished themselves by their contributions to theatrical motion pictures.
“There are 75 Oscar® nominees, including 15 winners, and five recipients of Scientific and Technical Awards. Those who accept the invitations will be the only additions to the Academy’s membership in 2020.”
The 93rd edition of the Academy Awards, known as Oscar award, is scheduled to hold on April 25, 2021, and nominations will be announced on March 15, 2021.
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto