Estimated Reading Time: 1
A former General Manager of the Lagos State Infrastructure Maintenance and Regulatory Agency, Jide Odekunle, is dead.
Odekunle served under former Governor Akinwunmi Ambode’s administration for four years and 11 months.
The Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Babafemi Ojudu, confirmed this in a post on Facebook.
Also, the Special Adviser to the Lagos State Governor on Drainage, Joe Igbokwe, also wrote, “I am diminished once again as a mortal as my successor at LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle, dies of COVID-19 complications at the Onikan Isolation Centre in Lagos. May his soul rest in perfect peace.”
Odekunle studied Computer Science at the University of Ibadan.
Before his appointment at LASMIRA, he worked as Sales Director at Ceragon Networks and was also the Chief Marketing Officer at Nera Microwave.
He was until his death the Bobagunwa of Egbaland.
- After 15 years, Shoprite considers ending its Nigeria operations
- In Ogun state, parents reject N25,000 COVID-19 test levy for returning students
- $125 million fraud: NNPC to take Mexican oil firm to court
- Taraba is the only state where nobody has died from COVID-19 according to NCDC data
- Breaking: Air Peace allegedly sacks most of its pilots over pay dispute
- Abia Governor sacks commissioner for transport, suspends others
- Lagos boat mishaps: Sack LASWA management, PDP asks Sanwo-Olu
- “Nigeria’s sovereignty may have been traded for foreign loans” – Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar raises alarm
- Osun Government says hotels, bars, and clubs violating COVID-19 protocol to pay N250, 000 fine
- COVID-19: Lagos state government to shut down Eti-Osa and Agidingbi isolation centres