Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
The Governor confirmed this in a statement personally signed by him on Saturday and made available to NewsWireNGR.
He and some of his close aides tested positive for the virus after carrying out the coronavirus test, the statement said.
Umahi further disclosed that, presently, they are not showing any symptoms but have since isolated, in line with protocols laid down by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
The Governor directed the Deputy Governor, Kelechi Igwe, to take over the frontline coordination of the state’s fight against the pandemic to protect Ebonyi people.
Umahi appealed to the people of Ebonyi state to take the NCDC protocols more seriously while stating that he’s working from home and will conduct all meetings virtually.
According to the NCDC, Ebonyi has recorded at least 438 cases of the virus, as of Friday evening.
Also, about 357 persons have been successfully treated and discharged while three have died.
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom
- Police parade teenager accused of carrying pistol to school in Cross River
- Breaking: Adamawa United driver regains freedom after abductors received N1m ransom
- Nigerian press are criminals for branding terrorist herders as criminals – Sheikh Gumi
- Despite allegations, we did not investigate new EFCC boss before confirmation – Senate Chairman on anti-corruption
- Cross River Govenor’s aide threatens suicide over unpaid salary
- In Kaduna, bandits have killed no fewer than 18 people in two local government areas
- Nigeria is expecting COVID-19 vaccines from three donor sources – Health Minister
- Kano assembly approves a bill to force premarital testing