Estimated Reading Time: 1
Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for coronavirus (COVID-19).
It will be recalled that the governor who tested positive for the virus penultimate week has been in self isolation where he has equally been receiving treatment.
Also read: However, a repeat test of the virus on his samples carried out by the officials of the National Centre for Disease Control, NCDC Friday night has returned negative.
A tacit statement by the State Commissioner for Information, John Okiyi Kalu on Saturday morning stated that by the new development, the governor is now free of the virus.
The statement read thus: “To God the glory of God, repeat COVID-19 test conducted by Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) on samples submitted by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu on Thursday, 2nd July, 2020, returned negative result on Friday, 3rd July, 2020.
“Governor Ikpeazu is therefore deemed free of the virus according to the extant guidelines of NCDC and the World Health Organization (WHO). Thank you.”
- Over 5 million people applied for N-Power Batch C – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- Not an all boys club anymore; meet Northern Nigeria’s only female Polo Player
- NECO has released 2020 examination timetable
- Nigerian Government may reciprocate the visa restriction imposed on its citizens by the United States, Others
- Abubakar Malami denies corruption allegations; writes to Buhari
- Covid-19: Lagos council demands fumigation fees, certificates from churches
- Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for COVID-19
- Breaking: Federal High Court orders substituted service of disqualification suit on Ize-Iyamu
- Civil servants on levels 12, 13 have been directed to resume work
- EiE opens ‘Hacking the Nigeria Code’ online course for citizen engagement