Estimated Reading Time: 1
Abia State Governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has tested negative for coronavirus (COVID-19).
It will be recalled that the governor who tested positive for the virus penultimate week has been in self isolation where he has equally been receiving treatment.
Also read: However, a repeat test of the virus on his samples carried out by the officials of the National Centre for Disease Control, NCDC Friday night has returned negative.
A tacit statement by the State Commissioner for Information, John Okiyi Kalu on Saturday morning stated that by the new development, the governor is now free of the virus.
The statement read thus: “To God the glory of God, repeat COVID-19 test conducted by Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) on samples submitted by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu on Thursday, 2nd July, 2020, returned negative result on Friday, 3rd July, 2020.
“Governor Ikpeazu is therefore deemed free of the virus according to the extant guidelines of NCDC and the World Health Organization (WHO). Thank you.”
- Nominations list for the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete Nominations list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas
- Arik Air sacks 300 staff members, claims economic hardship
- Patrick Vieira has been sacked as coach of Nice
- Just In: Appeal court sacks Senator Ifeanyi Araraume as Imo North APC candidate
- #EndSARS: Nigerian Police withdraws petition to end ongoing judicial panel
- CAN condemns Zabarmari massacre, calls it ‘satanic’
- Just in: Court remands Maina at Kuje Correction centre