Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, says it will not register new voters ahead of the October 10, 2020 governorship election in Ondo state.
The Ondo State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Rufus Akeju, disclosed this at a stakeholders meeting in Akure on the publication of notice of election.
Akeju said there would be no Continuous Voters’ Registration, CVR, and distribution of Permanent Voters Card, PVCs, in the state again before the governorship poll.
The Ondo REC stated that countdown to the governorship election has begun and assured stakeholders of the commission’s non- partisanship.
He urged political parties to play the game according to the dictate of the extant laws, regulations and guidelines of their political parties to promote democratic values. According to INEC, Ondo State has 1,822,346 registered voters with 372, 888 uncollected PVCs.
- After 15 years, Shoprite considers ending its Nigeria operations
- In Ogun state, parents reject N25,000 COVID-19 test levy for returning students
- $125 million fraud: NNPC to take Mexican oil firm to court
- Taraba is the only state where nobody has died from COVID-19 according to NCDC data
- Breaking: Air Peace allegedly sacks most of its pilots over pay dispute
- Abia Governor sacks commissioner for transport, suspends others
- Lagos boat mishaps: Sack LASWA management, PDP asks Sanwo-Olu
- “Nigeria’s sovereignty may have been traded for foreign loans” – Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar raises alarm
- Osun Government says hotels, bars, and clubs violating COVID-19 protocol to pay N250, 000 fine
- COVID-19: Lagos state government to shut down Eti-Osa and Agidingbi isolation centres