Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Federal Government has summoned the Chargè d’ Affaires of the High Commission of Ghana to Nigeria, Ms Iva Denoo, over the demolition of parts of the Nigerian embassy in Ghana.
Some armed men invaded the Nigerian high commission in Accra, Ghana, on Friday, destroying some apartments under construction.The affected buildings were reportedly being constructed to house staff and visitors. A Ghanaian businessman had accused the commission of encroaching on his land.
But the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, made this known on Monday.
The minister noted that Nigeria had asked the ambassador to give an “urgent explanation” on the recent attacks on apartments in the country’s High Commission in Accra.
He tweeted, “Summoned the Chargè d’ Affaires of the High Commission of #Ghana to Nigeria, Ms Iva Denoo to demand urgent explanation on the recent attacks on a residential building in our diplomatic premises and reinforcement of security around diplomatic premises and staff.”
The building was being constructed to house staff and visiting diplomats to the High Commission.
- Borno Governor speaks about ambush of his convoy that left police officers and soldiers dead
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Nigeria at 60- The colonialists never left; they are Nigerian politicians
- Demola Olarewaju joins TStv as Head of Corporate Affairs
- Ondo 2020: INEC says electoral materials will arrive Akure October 5
- Passengers missing as truck plunges into river in Lagos
- Breaking: Nigerian Government to reform ticketing process in response to NewsWireNGR Investigation on Abuja-Kaduna rail
- Breaking: Barely 48 hours after tanker accident, an electronic shop in Lokoja, razed in a midnight fire
- House of Representatives ready for e-parliament, says Speaker Gbajabiamila
- ‘God is not happy with us’ Aisha Buhari asks Nigerians to pray
- Buhari renews appointments of PTDF, PEF, NCDMB chief executives