Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Federal Government has summoned the Chargè d’ Affaires of the High Commission of Ghana to Nigeria, Ms Iva Denoo, over the demolition of parts of the Nigerian embassy in Ghana.
Some armed men invaded the Nigerian high commission in Accra, Ghana, on Friday, destroying some apartments under construction.The affected buildings were reportedly being constructed to house staff and visitors. A Ghanaian businessman had accused the commission of encroaching on his land.
But the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, made this known on Monday.
The minister noted that Nigeria had asked the ambassador to give an “urgent explanation” on the recent attacks on apartments in the country’s High Commission in Accra.
He tweeted, “Summoned the Chargè d’ Affaires of the High Commission of #Ghana to Nigeria, Ms Iva Denoo to demand urgent explanation on the recent attacks on a residential building in our diplomatic premises and reinforcement of security around diplomatic premises and staff.”
The building was being constructed to house staff and visiting diplomats to the High Commission.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’