Estimated Reading Time: 1
Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has denied ordering the Commissioner of Police, Bolaji Salami to bar his deputy, Agboola Ajayi from leaving the Government House.
This comes shortly after a viral video emerged involving deputy governor and the police boss over the incident.
In the video released by one of the deputy governor’s aide, Ajayi was seen confronting Salami, asking why he should be prevented from exiting the seat of power.
But reacting to the development, Governor Akeredolu described the claim as a “concocted and devious lie meant to discredit him.
In a statement issued on Sunday by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Segun Ajiboye, the governor believes the stories are “absolute falsehood intended to play victim by the principal actors involved.”
“It should, however, be placed on records that it is a time-tested code in government’s business for officials to take inventory of offices and quarters before and after an official is moving in or out of offices or quarters.
“Accordingly, the CP’s intervention which was at the instance of an almost manipulated security apparatus at the Government House was most desirable to restore law and order.
“It becomes particularly worrisome and suspicious when aides of the Deputy Governor insisted on leaving the premises with items wrapped in unclear ownership as late as 11 pm,” the statement partly read.
While reiterating his commitment to the rights of all, including the Deputy Governor, Governor Akeredolu noted that “he has a duty to be firm and dispassionate in exercising the roles assigned to him.
- Violence in Kwara: Governor imposes fresh curfews in Offa, Erin-Ile
- Drug lords responsible for funding terrorism in Nigeria – Senate President
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife to death
- I can count 187 times President Buhari has said he will end banditry without results – Fayose
- ‘Amotekun will be deployed to protect COVID-19 vaccines in Ogun’ says Governor Dapo Abiodun
- Shortly after the release of school girls, terrorists abduct over 60 – burn Zamfara town
- Ogun State deputy speaker impeached over thuggery allegations
- Federal Government says States that have not met the criteria for vaccine safety will not get doses
- Just in: Buhari, Osinbajo to be publicly vaccinated on Saturday
- Jangebe schoolgirls: Reunion turns violent as security operatives shoot protesters