Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari’s new Chief of Staff, Ibrahim Gambari, was in the circle of late Head of State, Sani Abacha.
Soyinka made these claims in an interview with Plus TV Africa.
NewsWireNGR recalls that, Gambari was announced as replacement for the late Abba Kyari, who died due to complications of COVID-19, last month.
“Gambari was an Abacha man which means that he has the Abacha status quo mentality. Let’s put it that way. Gambari is not going to make any difference here, he is just going to make sure that he’s looking after his portfolio over there. So why are we looking in that direction for salvation in this country?
“I didn’t want to join in that debate because I want him to enjoy his stay. But I know Gambari very, very well,” Soyinka said.
- NNPC Sacks 850 Oil Workers – PENGASSAN
- Kwara Governor invites EFCC to probe Kwara LG funds
- Over 200 Lagos doctors have been infected with COVID-19 – Medical Guild
- Decapitated, dismembered body of Gokada CEO found in NYC apartment
- Nigeria’s first female combat helicopter pilot has died
- Enugu airport will reopen August 30
- Goodluck Jonathan appointed ECOWAS apecial envoy to Mali
- Lagos lawmakers directed to undergo COVID-19 test
- American woman rescued after being held by Nigerian facebook lover for more than a year
- House propose 5-year ban from partisan politics for ex-electoral officials