Estimated Reading Time: 1
Following the gruesome murder and rape of 22-year old Uwaila Omozuwa Benine, Edo State.
Until her demise, Uwaila Vera Omozuwa was studying microbiology at university in Nigeria’s Benin City.
The family alleges death threats to their lives.
The father of the deceased, Joseph Omozuwa confirmed to TVC News, Saturday, the 6th of June 2020 that he received threat calls through his friend from an unknown caller.
Undeterred, he is urging the police not only to unmask the killers of his daughter, but also to protect members of his family from harm.
The Edo Police Command has also given assurances of prompt intervention.
#justiceforuwa has continued to trend a week after a brutal attack on Uwaila in a church and her death a few days later.
Edo Police Command spokesman Chidi Nwabuzor told reporters earlier this week: “The item used in the assault, which was a fire extinguisher, was recovered. Immediately the operatives… screened the fingerprints, which led to our suspect.
“Omozuwa’s family told CNN that medics said she was raped, but the police have stopped short of calling it rape and instead described it as “inhumane sexual assault.”
- Kwara Governor loses chief of staff to COVID-19
- Senate ammends Police Act, okays four-year single tenure for IGP
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt
- EFCC witness, Sani Dauda, denies offering Shehu Sani $25,000 as bribe
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority suspends airline, grounds 15 aircraft
- Senate passes anti-sexual harassment bill
- Ibrahim Magu has been suspended as the acting EFCC boss
- Reps to investigate alleged withdrawal of $1.5 billion from NLNG account
- Katsina spent N30 Million on amnesty for repentant bandits