Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Kaduna State Ministry of Human Services and Social Development has launched an investigation into the raping of a 13-year-old girl in the state.
According to the ministry, the victim was taken by suspects on a motorcycle.
“The survivor was, apparently drugged and raped by the 4 “scums”, taken on a motorcycle driven by an unsuspecting biker and dumped underneath a parked car close to her house. After hours of frantic search, she was found by a relative. She was immediately taken to the hospital”, the statement reads in parts.
The Ministry stated on its twitter handle on Thursday that after hours of frantic search, the victim was found by a relative and immediately taken to the hospital.
It said the four rapists and one collaborator have since been arrested and the case moved to the State Criminal Investigative Department.
“After investigation, the suspects will be charged before a court of competent jurisdiction,” it said.
- Kwara Governor loses chief of staff to COVID-19
- Senate ammends Police Act, okays four-year single tenure for IGP
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt
- EFCC witness, Sani Dauda, denies offering Shehu Sani $25,000 as bribe
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority suspends airline, grounds 15 aircraft
- Senate passes anti-sexual harassment bill
- Ibrahim Magu has been suspended as the acting EFCC boss
- Reps to investigate alleged withdrawal of $1.5 billion from NLNG account
- Katsina spent N30 Million on amnesty for repentant bandits