Estimated Reading Time: 1
The residence of the Nasarawa State governor and the palace of the Emir of Gudi Town in Akwanga Local Government Area of the state, have been decontaminated.
Sule Bawa, father of Nasarawa governor Abdullahi Sule, and Emir of Gudi was rushed to the Dalhatu Araf Specialist Hospital (DASH) in Lafiya, the state capital on Wednesday, June 3, 2020, after developing a fever and a cough.
The emir was also placed in isolation according to a source.
The source who preferred to remain anonymous said “on Thursday, a team of health personnel fumigated the Palace and the Personal residence of the Governor”.
Although Bawa’s has not been reported to have contacted the Coronavirus, fever and cough are some of the symptoms that accompany an infected person.
Nasarawa State recorded 8 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing its total number of cases to 88.
Nigeria is experiencing a steady increase in the number of COVID-19 cases and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has attributed this to its increased testing capacity.
As at Wednesday, the total number of confirmed cases was 11166 across the country.
- ‘I am not part of the National Consultative Front’ — Agbakoba denies new political movement
- Retirees in Osun protest non-payment of entitlements since 2015
- AfDB panel to review report on Adesina
- Nigeria stock market may end 2020 in red – Uwaleke
- Nigerian Labour Congress rejects new fuel price
- Buhari gives marching orders for revenue drive
- Just In: Ondo Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro dies
- High Court dismisses suit against Adams Oshiomhole
- Just In: Dubai police extradites ‘Hushpuppi’ & ‘Woodberry’ to the United States
- Persons with malaria and cold advised not to bother going to the airport – here’s why