Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nation is reporting that several state governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC) have arrived at the party’s secretariat in Abuja for a crucial meeting with the National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole.
The meeting is believed to be aimed at settling the crisis in the Edo state chapter of the party which led to the brief suspension of its national chairman.
The meeting is a follow-up to a similar meeting held with the National Leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu in Lagos on Sunday night.
The meeting is currently ongoing at the National Executive Committee Hall at the party National Secretariat in Abuja, with the National Chairman presiding.
The governors present at meeting include the Chairman of Progressive Governors Forum and Kebbi State governor, Atiku Bagudu, Ondo State governor – Rotimi Akeredolu, Lagos State – Babajide Sanwo-olu, Gombe State – Mohammed Inuwa – Gombe, Kano State – Abdullahi Umar Ganduje and Kwara State – Abdul raham Abdulrasaki.
Recall that the Obaseki-led faction of the party in the state, in November, announced the suspension of Mr Oshiomhole after an alleged vote of no confidence was passed on him by 18 chairmen of the local chapters of the party in the state.
They accused Mr Oshiomhole of causing the worsening crisis in the state chapter.
Following his suspension at the state level, the Court of Appeal in Abuja on Monday, March 16, reinstated the embattled party chairman.
Governor Obaseki and Oshiomhole remain at loggerheads over who controls the affairs of governance in the state.
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children
- Bauchi State government to rehabilitate Tafawa Balewa’s tomb
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation
- Breaking: Former Bauchi lawmaker kidnapped
- 23 deaths and 1,479 new cases reported in one day as COVID-19 pandemic sweeps 25 Nigerian states
- LASU college of medicine shuts hostel after COVID-19 outbreak among students
- COVID-19: Nigeria is not considering another lockdown – FG