Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nation is reporting that several state governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC) have arrived at the party’s secretariat in Abuja for a crucial meeting with the National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole.
The meeting is believed to be aimed at settling the crisis in the Edo state chapter of the party which led to the brief suspension of its national chairman.
The meeting is a follow-up to a similar meeting held with the National Leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu in Lagos on Sunday night.
The meeting is currently ongoing at the National Executive Committee Hall at the party National Secretariat in Abuja, with the National Chairman presiding.
The governors present at meeting include the Chairman of Progressive Governors Forum and Kebbi State governor, Atiku Bagudu, Ondo State governor – Rotimi Akeredolu, Lagos State – Babajide Sanwo-olu, Gombe State – Mohammed Inuwa – Gombe, Kano State – Abdullahi Umar Ganduje and Kwara State – Abdul raham Abdulrasaki.
Recall that the Obaseki-led faction of the party in the state, in November, announced the suspension of Mr Oshiomhole after an alleged vote of no confidence was passed on him by 18 chairmen of the local chapters of the party in the state.
They accused Mr Oshiomhole of causing the worsening crisis in the state chapter.
Following his suspension at the state level, the Court of Appeal in Abuja on Monday, March 16, reinstated the embattled party chairman.
Governor Obaseki and Oshiomhole remain at loggerheads over who controls the affairs of governance in the state.
- NFF cancels 2019/2020 league season
- Just In: Ibrahim Magu asks IGP for bail
- NEMA warns of flood in 102 local government areas in Nigeria
- “Nigeria’s crude oil production quota has been reduced” – Read Buhari’s complete speech at signing of revised 2020 Appropriation Bill
- Ondo Chief Justice rejects House of Assembly’s move to impeach deputy Governor
- Minister, Godswill Akpabio denies collecting N500m NDDC projects
- Kiki Osinbajo responds to allegations of N800m property ownership
- Breaking: APC Chairman resigns in Ondo, joins PDP
- Buhari appoints Mohammed Umar as acting chairman of the EFCC
- President Buhari signs revised N10.8trn 2020 budget into law