Estimated Reading Time: 1
Kano State Nigeria currently has 883 COVID-19 cases, the second highest confirmed in the country, Eid prayers held in Kano on Sunday morning.
Social distancing was not enforced as State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, along with other dignitaries were close to one another during the prayers at End ground.
Photos of the Eid prayers were posted by Salihu Tanko Yakasai, media aide of the governor.
The Kano state government had agreed to allow Friday and eid-el-fitr prayers to hold across the state as the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 extended the lockdown in the state by two weeks.
This was disclosed by the state governor, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje after holding a closed door meeting with Islamic clerics at the government house on Monday.
A statement issued by the Special Adviser on Media to the governor, Malam Salihu Tanko Yakasai, said the Ganduje approved Fridays and Eid prayers after a lengthy consultation with the Islamic Scholars and other government officials at the Government House.
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://www.paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens
- Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19
- NCDC certifies Kwara for COVID-19 testing
- Magu-Gate: Meet Pastor Emmanuel Omale; Prophet named in alleged money laundering report
- More trouble in Ondo as workers threaten strike over unpaid salary arrears
- Parents, Teachers association to meet with FG over cancelled WAEC