Estimated Reading Time: 1
Two new cases of coronavirus have been recorded in Enugu State, bringing the total number of infections to 18.
The Commissioner for Health, Prof. Ikechukwu Obi, disclosed this in a statement in Enugu on Sunday.
Obi said the first new case was a 45-year-old man who came into Enugu on May 21 from Lagos while the second was a 62-year-old mother-in-law of Case 16 who had become a positive contact.
He said, “The total number of cases for Enugu is now 18, with 10 active cases and eight discharged.
“The first new case (Case 17) is a 45-year-old male who hails from Igbo-Eze North LGA of Enugu State and lives in Lagos State but still managed to make his way to Enugu on the 21st of May, 2020 in spite of restrictions on inter-state movement.
“Concerned members of his community alerted the health authorities since he fell ill, leading to his assessment and testing and his result returned positive for COVID-19 on the 23rd of May 2020.
“The second new case (Case 18) is the 62-year-old mother-in-law of Case 16 who has become a positive contact.
“Case 16 as earlier reported evaded the inter-state boundary restriction, all the way from Lagos state and across several other states, obviously assisted by unscrupulous individuals to bury her recently deceased husband in their community in Igbo-Etiti LGA of Enugu State.”
To continue telling under-reported stories, we need your support for the work we do, donate to https://www.paystack.com/paynewswirengr
Also, kindly donate to the work we do using this interim PAYPAL ID https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens
- Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19
- NCDC certifies Kwara for COVID-19 testing