Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Police officer attached to Ago Palace Way Division in Lagos seen in a viral video counting his proceed from extortion has been arrested by the Command.
Inspector Taloju Martins’ escapade was posted by popular Nigerian rapper Ruggedman where he was seen counting money alleged to be a bribe he collected from one of those he arrested.
The victim had gone to stock up food and other household items when the officer intercepted him and others, delayed them for several hours and demanded N50,000 bribe which was later negotiated to N40,000.
Reacting to the incident, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana confirmed that the inspector in the video has been identified as Inspector Taloju Martin attached to Ago Police Station as Station Officer (SO), and detained while an investigation was launched to finally address the allegation.
“The Commissioner of Police Lagos State, CP Hakeem Odumosu psc has ordered the Deputy Commissioner of Police in Charge of Criminal Investigation to carry out an in depth investigation into the activities of Ago Police Station as a whole.” He said.
The Inspector arrested is handed over to Provost Marshall for Orderly Room Trials.
- SSANU suspends 3 weeks strike
- Twitter announces feature that lets you charge for tweets
- Victor Ejechi: Agricultural Production and the Development of the Nigerian Economy
- Insecurity: Buhari refuses amnesty for terrorist herders
- Kagara Abductions: ‘We are left to ourselves’ Niger Governor laments lack of support from FG
- If we don’t borrow, we will be left behind as a country – Finance Minister
- Kaduna Government says MDAs will only serve individuals with the State Residents Card, NIN
- Cattle and Foodstuff dealers begin nationwide strike
- Smart Adeyemi must apologize to Ikpeazu for calling him a ‘champagne drinking Governor’ – Theodore Orji
- ‘He who alleges must prove’ Bala Mohammed challenges Ortom