Estimated Reading Time: 1
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Sunday in Abuja preached for the Aso Villa Chapel Online Resurrection Sunday in commemoration of 2020 Easter.
The online service was in accordance with Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) protocol on physical distancing as Nigeria battles to contain the spread of the pandemic COVID-19.
The vice president reminded Christians of the solemn sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross and its significance.
“We want to bless the name of the Lord for a very wonderful day; the Lord God Almighty has given us a great opportunity to worship today in this resurrection.
“And for all of you who are watching from home, I know that you are going to be specially blessed because this day, wherever you may be, it is the most important day in the Christian faith.
“It is the day we announce and affirm and reaffirm a very special day in the Christian calendar because it is the month of resurrection.
“The month that Jesus Christ rose from the dead and we are going to celebrate this day and keep celebrating because it is the evidence of our salvation; the evidence of our redemption,’’ he said.
Osinbajo in a message titled ‘’ Criminals on the Cross’’, said that the account of the crucification of Christ was an extraordinary story.
Citing Luke 23:32-34, 39-43, the vice president said that Jesus paid the price for sins of the entire world and even condemned criminal made it with Jesus to Paradise.
He said the crucification was an inspiring message of redemption.
According to him, it is a succinct statement of what the good news is all about.
- Just In: Court orders Kaduna prison to release El-Zakzaky’s wife, Zeenat for COVID treatment
- Police investigate Apostle Suleman for allegedly sleeping with pastor’s wife & threatening his life
- PDP justifies Wike’s N500Million donation to Sokoto State
- The Choice and the science of deploying COVID-19 vaccines in Nigeria
- APC is a dying party, we have failed Nigerians – Solomon Dalung
- PDP calls on US President Joe Biden to sanction APC leaders
- Gunmen kidnap 11 people, including children from Abuja orphanage
- Fact Check: Rivers government did not order sudden shutdown of schools
- Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen is legal – Femi Falana
- Former AGF, Abdullahi Ibrahim dies of COVID-19 complications