Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigeria has recorded eight new cases of coronavirus in Lagos State, the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja and Kaduna State.
The eight new cases bring the total number of infections in the country to 232.
While five of the new cases were recorded in Lagos, FCT had two and Kaduna, one.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control made this known via its Twitter handle at 09.32pm on Sunday.
It tweeted, “Eight new cases of #COVID19 have been reported in Nigeria: Five in Lagos, two in the FCT and one in Kaduna State
“As of 09:30 pm on the 5th of April, there are 232 confirmed cases of #COVID-19 reported in Nigeria. 33 have been discharged with five deaths.
For a breakdown of cases by state, Lagos has 120, FCT- 47, Osun- 20, Oyo- nine, Edo- nine, Bauchi- six, Akwa Ibom- five, Kaduna- five, Ogun – four, Enugu – two, Ekiti – two, Rivers – one, Benue – one and Ondo- one.”
- “Your appointments will ruin Nigeria”, Col Umar warns Buhari in open letter
- “We have lost a great member” Redeemed Church Demands #JUSTICE4UWA
- Breaking: Churches to reopen next week in A/Ibom
- Return to negotiation or…, Ngige warns ASUU
- Amnesty International says Nigeria gov’ts response to rape continues to be woefully inadequate
- Raped & left for dead: Edo Governor wants justice for 22-yr-old student of University of Benin
- Buhari’s refusal to address the country on May 29 is because he’s weighed down with failure – PDP
- $5.513bn loan: SERAP wants Buhari to reveal spending details of loans by his government since 2015
- PDP records landslide victory in Benue LGA elections
- Rape In RCCG; Uwa’s murder raises questions about the safety of Nigerian women