Connect with us

Breaking News

36-year-old dies of coronavirus in Lagos

Published

on

Estimated Reading Time: 1

The Lagos State Government has announced that a 36-year-old man died of coronavirus in the state.

The Lagos Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, made the announcement via his Twitter handle on Sunday.

He said that the Nigerian died on Saturday in a private facility.

Abayomi confirmed the death as the second coronavirus fatality recorded in Lagos.

The health commissioner, who also confirmed that Lagos had recorded six new COVID-19 cases, said another coronavirus patient had been evacuated from the state.

He tweeted, “We lost a COVID-19 patient – a 36-year-old Nigerian male who died in a private facility on the 4th of April, 2020. (The) total number of #COVID-19 patients who have died are now two.

“A case was evacuated bringing total evacuated to two.

“Six new cases of #COVID-19 confirmed, bringing total confirmed cases to 115. A #COVID-19 patient was discharged on the 4th of April, 2020. The number of #COVID-19 patients, who have fully recovered and discharged is now 24.”

Abayomi’s confirmation came a few hours after the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on Sunday announced that the country had recorded one more death and two discharges.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Wordpress Social Share Plugin powered by Ultimatelysocial
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

Follow by Email
Instagram