Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigeria police have summoned singer Azeez Fashola aka Naira Marley for his presence at a birthday party amidst the coronavirus lockdown, Premium Times reports.
Naira Marley was present at the home of popular Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele, on Saturday when the actress hosted a party to celebrate her husband, Abdulrasheed Bello’s birthday, at their Amen Estate home in Lagos.
Many Nigerians on Sunday criticised the celebrities after videos of the party were made public. Despite her public explanation and apology, the police arrested Funke Akindele at her residence on Sunday evening.
Following this, the police in a statement signed by Bala Elkana, its spokesperson, ordered Funke’s husband and Naira Marley to avail themselves at State CID Yaba for investigation on Monday.
“They are in their best interests urged to report at the State CID Yaba on Monday 6th April 2020 or risk being declared wanted,” the police said.
With the violation of the government-ordered lockdown and ban on large gatherings, the couple and attendees now risk a fine or jail term as punishment for the violation.
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists
- Just In: Police arrests 25-year-old Wasiu Bankole for allegedly raping a 70-year-old woman
- Innovation in Times of Crisis: How a Nigerian Inventor is taking the lead
- Senate queries CBN over ‘missing’ $3.3 billion
- Nassarawa to get N8.1bn for the construction of multipurpose dam from FG
- Nigerian Airforce records first all-female crew on operational ISR mission
- Civil Society groups in Nigeria call for a state of emergency on SGBV in Nigeria.