Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigeria police have summoned singer Azeez Fashola aka Naira Marley for his presence at a birthday party amidst the coronavirus lockdown, Premium Times reports.
Naira Marley was present at the home of popular Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele, on Saturday when the actress hosted a party to celebrate her husband, Abdulrasheed Bello’s birthday, at their Amen Estate home in Lagos.
Many Nigerians on Sunday criticised the celebrities after videos of the party were made public. Despite her public explanation and apology, the police arrested Funke Akindele at her residence on Sunday evening.
Following this, the police in a statement signed by Bala Elkana, its spokesperson, ordered Funke’s husband and Naira Marley to avail themselves at State CID Yaba for investigation on Monday.
“They are in their best interests urged to report at the State CID Yaba on Monday 6th April 2020 or risk being declared wanted,” the police said.
With the violation of the government-ordered lockdown and ban on large gatherings, the couple and attendees now risk a fine or jail term as punishment for the violation.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems