Estimated Reading Time: 1
Anthony Ugochukwu, commissioner for health in Enugu, is dead
Ugochukwu reportedly died on Friday at Memfys Hospital, Enugu, a private facility.
The late commissioner was said to have been battling an undisclosed ailment for some time which had kept him out of duty.
Jeff Mbah, a lawmaker representing Oji River constituency at the state house of assembly, also confirmed the commissioner’s death.
Mbah described the late Ugochukwu as “a genius whose death is a great loss to both Enugu state and Nigeria”.
“We are talking about a renowned Professor of Surgeon who has a lot to offer in turning around our health sector. It’s a terrible blow,” he said.
He said the deceased had just returned from the United States and was doing fine before he had a sudden relapse in his health.
Before his appointment in 2019, Ugochukwu was the provost of the college of medicine, Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- The security situation in Nigeria today is beyond the APC – Nasarawa Governor cries out
- Reveal identities of the terrorists behind Jangebe schoolgirls abduction – ACF tells Matawalle
- Finally, 3.92 million COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Nigeria
- Buhari has declared Zamfara a no-fly zone
- Insecurity is the number one problem of Africa – Akinwunmi Adesina
- Breaking: Senate confirm appointment of new service chiefs
- Buhari, Osinbajo meet with National Security Council
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s mum is dead
- Just in: Thousands of residents trapped as Boko Haram insurgents take over Dikwa, Borno State
- Our abductors threatened to kill, fry, eat us – Jangebe schoolgirls