Estimated Reading Time: 1
Anthony Ugochukwu, commissioner for health in Enugu, is dead
Ugochukwu reportedly died on Friday at Memfys Hospital, Enugu, a private facility.
The late commissioner was said to have been battling an undisclosed ailment for some time which had kept him out of duty.
Jeff Mbah, a lawmaker representing Oji River constituency at the state house of assembly, also confirmed the commissioner’s death.
Mbah described the late Ugochukwu as “a genius whose death is a great loss to both Enugu state and Nigeria”.
“We are talking about a renowned Professor of Surgeon who has a lot to offer in turning around our health sector. It’s a terrible blow,” he said.
He said the deceased had just returned from the United States and was doing fine before he had a sudden relapse in his health.
Before his appointment in 2019, Ugochukwu was the provost of the college of medicine, Enugu State University of Science and Technology
- Kaduna Govt extends lockdown by two weeks
- Lagos State Internal revenue service extends deadline for taxpayers
- Nigerian Airports to resume Operations – here’s what you need to know
- Nigerian children must be given all the necessary care – Gbajabiamila
- Governor Masari resumes lockdown in Katsina after Eid el-Fitr Celebration
- 28 COVID-19 testing centres now 28 across Nigeria, Katsina and Ogun get labs – NCDC
- Nigerian farmers likely to go out of business due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Odion Ighalo’s dream of making his stay with Manchester United may not materialize – here’s why
- NAFDAC to continue hydroxychloroquine clinical trials for treatment of COVID-19 in Nigeria despite suspension
- Of Oil wealth, Niger Delta Politicians & the Nigerian state